I am what I am!I can’t be who I want to be!

I am what I am!I can’t be who I want to be!

Why oh why do many men continue to identify themselves as Bisexual when they have not been with the opposite sex in many years, and express they have no desire to be with a female, but continue identifying as bisexual.

So Why Identify as Bisexual instead of Gay?

What do you think?



Why does this behavior exist?

Is it more socially acceptable to identify as Bisexual? Is it ones way of staying connected to the heterosexual community? Only you can answer that question for yourself.
(Why ID at all)


Maybe it is easier to lie to ones self; making it easier to lie to those around you!
(Why ID at all)


In this age of sexual openness why keep up the lie, and give the people around you the misconception of being something you no longer are?
(Why ID at all)


I do this much the sigma’s, and discriminations that are attached to identifying yourself as Gay can be too much to some to deal with, and saying I am Bi sexual is might be more socially acceptable. Is it really? I guess that would depend on who you are trying to gain the acceptance of. Some are totally okay with the choices others make for their own lives, and then you have those who have a one track minded way of thinking. They are such unfortunates! I have very strong feeling about those people because they totally take away the chance of not only getting to know a good person, but they also make other feel uncomfortable about themselves. They say things like “That is nasty” or “You are going to burn in hell”, and my person favorite “The bible says man is made to be with a woman” When they say that one I take great pleasure in asking if God himself told you that. Of course they say no so I tell them to let me know when get the official word from God himself. Until that time please don’t tell me about the bible and what was meant according to God. The bible was written by man, and it is man that interprets it based on their own need to manipulate the minds of others.


The ones I am most disturbed by are Gay who feels they have an obligation to out those who are not yet ready to come out. They will have sex with a bi-sexual man, a closeted man, or a man on the down low, and spread the word. They tell their friends who tell the next one until it gets back to the dudes girlfriend, family, home boys, and co workers. That is just wrong! So I can’t put all of the blame of ignorance, sigmas, and discriminations totally on the heterosexual community. We play a vital role in this as well. We are help to stigmatize our kind, because we are sending the wrong message to the greater community. When we out others who are not ready to come out we hurt the chances of them becoming comfortable with the idea of being Gay, and just because we have found our level of comfort with ourselves doesn’t mean other have or should have the same comfort. Everybody has their own process, and must be granted the right to make their own choices. We have to let them come out when it is right the time for them, and not when we think it is the right time.


There is one area where I think it should be all about the person, and he should be given much room to be selfish, self centered and self serving. (I know I said the same thing 3 times, but it needed to be repeated). We should not empower ourselves to make that decision for them or try to force them in out into the open. When we do that we only succeed in pushing them not only further into the closet, but right into the arms of females. We take away the possibility of them ever embracing the lifestyle of a Gay man. Is that what we want? So be patient, and it may happen one day. We have to create an environment that is patient, loving, and accepting. I personal tell a man who struggles with their sexuality that it is okay to stay confined, and in a shell. When you are ready to come out of your shell you will find a wealth of love just waiting for you. At times I don’t always think I’m being honest, but I am showing the best parts of our community. Even though I know not everyone in our Gay community is the greatest of people. I won’t peg everyone as sneaky, conniving, and manipulative, but I am honest enough to say those type of people do exist in our community.


People need to keep in mind that a man who has these feelings may never come out, and it is more comfortable to live a double life. I believe it is not an honest way to live but it is what it is, and we can either accept it or not, but we don’t have the right force another to do anything they are not ready to do for themselves. It is our responsibility to give them support and help them along with their personal process as they see fit to allow our assistance. Nothing more, and nothing less!



The Pride Cast Show
www.bbops_world_podcast.podomatic.com
MANDATORY FOR MEMBERSHIP!!!
Age, and gender must be provided in profile, or commented. There will be no exceptions!

PRIDE NETWORK GROUPS
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beautifulboyzofpride
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pridewritersofthehoods
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Prideboyz4boyzNYC
Thanks!
BBOP Owner Pride Network Groups


http://www.facebook.com/BBOP
http://www.myspace.com/bbop01
http://twitter.com/Pridecastshow
http://www.cg11375@aol.com
http://bbop01@myspace.com
http://bbops-bloggables.blogspot.com
http://thehousethatpridebuilt.ning.com/

2 comments:

  1. i dont get why they do that or mess with a lot of closeted bull shit black men and say they are looking for something real. Then say they dont like white men at all. Im like how can u just cut other races solely off like that..not like ure having much luck with ur own right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's a matter of attraction and not totally action. Remember it's hella hard for a woman to deal with a brotha that likes what they like. But speaking as a bisexual brotha who lucked up (literally), I identify because I truly I am and I don't use it as cover.

    It's not a matter of who you're with because you could be attracted to both sexes and never had sex with either (bad luck or just too nice to be with). At least it's not for me it isn't.

    Now for those folks who're using it as a cover, I can't say I respect them too much.

    The point: BE AUTHENTICALLY YOU! It's the best way to be.

    ReplyDelete