Discretion Vs. Closeted

Discretion Vs. Closeted


Is there a difference in the two? I believe there is but it’s a fine line drawn in the sands of self identity.
I have encountered all kinds in this journey we call life & have seen it all I guess. From super closeted to ultra discreet to even private. What’s the difference? 
Closeted have not yet master the joy of comfort in their own skin which leaves them at a disadvantage by hiding in shadows of life. God Help them find comfort & joy in self. The problem stems from stigmas, discrimination's fueled by hate of differences. They are in my prayers & have my support always. 
Discreet is the opposite where one is comfortable in the skin, but does not feel the need to broadcast to everyone their sexual orientation. Still another shadow bought on by those same stigmas & discrimination's.
Private seems to be the worst of the three.  Living life out in the open as str8 person and we would never know unless told for some underlining reason. When asked he may or may not tell it. It’s only on a need to know bases, and if he wants you to know he will but you will be bound to that secrecy. Yet another shadow contributed by he same stigma & discrimination's. 
Does anyone know the true feeling of freedom? Does any lives out totally in the open? Don’t all hide who we are from some & totally open about it to others? Living free & open (If there is such a thing) comes with dangers. We limit those dangers by how we represent ourselves, where go & who we know. Why is we can only be true to ourselves in boyz town, where a mask for the comfort of others?  Reduces the attention we could get by just being ourselves seems like a self contain prison if you ask me.
Life is too short to live by societies standards & it’s time we take a good look at ourselves, and learn there is nothing in life more important than breaking the chains of oppression. We need to practice living life as ourselves, and care less about what others thing or feel about the way we life. At the end of the day is those who oppose you pay for you? No! So why care about what other say, think & feel. 
I can sympathize with those that are afraid & fear seems to be our biggest barrier to self freedom, but some point we have to take stand & fight in some way for what we know is right.
I live life out in the open but still feel like I am in a contain prison not of my own making! If I can’t be who I am when ever & where ever I choose then life is only worth living for the fight for a better day. I have been fight most of my life to break free, but one huddle after another is thrown in my way, and I jump over them just to have more put in my way. Do I stop the good fight? No I refine my efforts & try again. 
It’s easy to let other fight on the front line for a better day while others hide in the shadows of guilt & shame. It takes real balls to join the fight & make it happen instead of waiting while other take the lumps, bumps & bruises to free our community & then run in & reap the benefits.
Join Me! 

 BeBop

2 comments:

  1. That is very inspiring for anyony who might be in any of the above mentioned categories. It is a NEW YEAR 2012 and It is time to rejoice in being who you are and feel comfortable about it. As Gloria Gainer said....."I am what I am, and what I am needs no excuses"!

    ReplyDelete