White Party Moon Light Cruise was Black

On August 1st I attended the White Party Moon Light Cruise on board the Spirit of New York Yacht. The yacht was the high light of this adventure, and I enjoyed being on the Hudson til the wee hours of the morning. I enjoyed the exotic dancers, and the other who preformed. baron, Dy'ari, Alyson William the first female to sign with Death Jam Records. I can't leave out host Tammy Phay who was a great talent, and co host DJ baker from Da Doo Dirty Show who moderated the best dressed in white with hints of silver & gold competition. James Saunders & Laurence Pinckney were the organizers. Laurence was not pleased by the turn out & felt their shout have more people.Now I am not one to complain or talk badly about events which I promote, but this time I will make an exception. Although this event on the surface had all of the ingredients of a great night it was what went on below the surface that left me feeling flat & confused as to whether I will put so much of my time & energy into another event for them. I think I will, but I must make sure my comp ticket, and all that goes with it is in place before putting it out there, and doing the share thing which I am so well known for.First off I was treated as a scrub by the attendants who where keeping security at the VIP level. After promoting so hard for this event my passage to this section should have been cleared, or my general admission upgraded. The upgrade would have only amounted to a seat on the upper level, and nothing more. Laurence did grant a special entry band to the VIP section, but it for entry only. I found the VIP ticket only included a gift bag & a seat on the upper level. VIP tickets were $100.00, and came with no open bar. WTF! For that much money 1 would think drinks would be part of the VIP package. Not! Drinks were not cheap either. The buffet was tasty!

I was given a gift bag by one person distributing them but will remain unnamed. Sweet, sexy, blk man with all the right stats. The bag contained a few cute things, but the best item was the CD's of some of the nights performers. I will be looking forward to pumping it on the Pride Cast Show.
www.bbops_world_podcast.podomatic.com.

The Best Dressed Competition was by far the most disappointing part of the adventure. I put a lot of energy & thought into my outfit only to find out winners were predetermined, and that was not kewl. What was the point of have a runway show if you already know who won before the so called competition started. WTF! The judging was nothing short of a joke. It was suppose to be on the audience to choose, but in a minute came up with choices not made by audience. Rather chosen by some obvious blind person, or one's with limited vision, or at best a very poor sense of style. Winners were was older woman which seemed me like a pity win, and the 2 sailor girls, but in my opinion were by no stretch of the imagination was the best dressed. If I saw 1 I saw 100 people on this trip that better dressed. What was it sailor girls & being being on a boat is what constitutes a winner? Would they have won if event was not on a boat? I think not!

Taking pictures was hard due to the fact I had to rely on ole faithful PDA, and not my digit camera. Thanks to Mr/Ms. Socialite breaking it by either not paying attention after taking a picture, and handing it back, or was it sabotage. Hmmmmmmmmm!

With every experience I learn more about people, and what their true intentions are. Sad I am either gullible or just too damning. I always try to see the good in people even after they had done me wrong in the past.

Can't say I did not enjoy myself on some level, but I know my enjoyment could & should have been better. We will see what pops off in the future!

Big ups to all the boyz in attendance, and good to see the regulars as always DJ, EJP, Rashawn, baron is so sexy, Dexter, and any others not mention is a mere oversight.

Happy it is over & now on the next adventure, the next social networking event.

BBOP

1 comment: